| Faculty of Engineering
0509-1829: Physics II (Electricity and Magnetism) for
first/second semester 2011/2
(chapter numbers refer to Halliday, Resnick, and
5th ed.; supplementary material will be given out as needed)
- Electrostatics: Coulomb's Law, the electric field, Gauss' Law
- Electrostatic potential and potential energy (ch. 28)
- Differential form of Gauss' Law, Poisson and Laplace equations
- Electrical properties of materials; capacitors and dielectrics
- DC circuits (ch. 31)
- The magnetic field: currents and charges in magnetic fields (ch.
- The Biot-Savart Law and Ampère's Law (ch. 33)
- Differential form of Ampère's Law (suppl.)
- Faraday's Law of Induction (ch. 34)
- Magnetic properties of matter (ch. 35)
- Inductance (ch. 36)
- Displacement current, Maxwell's Equations (ch. 38 and
- Electromagnetic waves (ch. 38)
Resnick, and K. S. Krane, Physics, 5th edition
(Wiley, New York, 2002), vol. 2
- There will be one mid-term exam.
The grade will count for 19% (magen)
in the final grade.
- All sections of the course will take the same final exam.
- Homework exercises are a requirement for passing the
Last updated October 2011 for 1st semester 5772 by B.